Learning is lifelong.
That is why APPI’s Continuous Professional Learning program helps members at all stages of their careers develop their skills while also furthering the highest standards of the planning profession.
The APPI Continuous Professional Learning (CPL) program demonstrates to the public and the Government of Alberta that the Institute is taking steps to ensure planning professionals are committed to ongoing professional learning and to maintaining the highest standards of skills, knowledge and professionalism, as per the Professional Planner Regulation.
APPI’s CPL program is flexible and members are able to acquire their Learning Units (LUs) from many providers online at varying levels of cost. All regulated APPI members (Registered Professional Planners and Candidate members) are required to report a minimum of 18 Learning Units (LU's) annually.
Any professional learning or practice activities, is eligible for CPL reporting as long as it is in the realm of the core competencies for the planning profession (please refer to the CPL Program Guide). For non-APPI provided learning, members are required to self-report that learning using the guide of 1.0 hour of learning equals 1.0 LU.
Access to your CIP Member Profile and CPL reporting portal is now available on the CIP website:
1. Go to the CIP website: Home | CIP (cip-icu.ca) click on the Member Profile
2. Click on the APPI logo on this new page PTIA Member Login | CIP (cip-icu.ca)
3. On the side menu click 'Record/View CPL Activities'
To help navigate the process, here is a video tutorial to walk you through the steps.
Annual CPL Reporting Deadline is December 31st. However, members are encouraged to acquire and report their CPL early and throughout the year.
- The APPI YouTube Channel and the APPI Facebook page has recordings of APPI webinars, past conferences and events. Viewing recordings of previously live sessions qualify to be logged as structured learning.
- The Resources section of the APPI website contains links to many types of learning opportunities that qualify for structured (interactive) or unstructured (viewing pre-recorded sessions, reading planning related publications) CPL units.